Biotechnology will soon influence our lives in a number of ways
including the way food is produced and processed, human illness is
treated and the way fuel is produced. Biotechnology is therefore truly a
"transformative technology" comparable to some of history's greatest
events of creation including the invention of writing, the steam engine
and electricity. Transformative technologies will always throw up
challenges in governance and will need innovative thinking to frame
questions and go about finding practical solutions. Rajiv Gandhi Centre
for Biotechnology (RGCB) is a now a national treasure. From health
biotechnology to genetic engineering of spices to nano-platforms for
disease diagnosis, this institute will soon be base to some of India's
best research. The institute is proud of the work its scientists do,
striving to making knowledge economy stronger and our lives healthier by
making advances that only a generation ago would have seemed almost
RGCB's TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR CORE VALUES
- Passion for Excellence.
- Critical analysis and sound judgment in the quest for knowledge.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, perseverance, patience, prudence and
hard-work in discharge of one's function and responsibility.
- Self-discipline, loyalty, obedience, professionalism and work
- Integrity that upholds the principles of honesty, sincerity, and
- Respect for colleagues and genuine concern for others.
- Transformation of the individual through academic excellence and
novel learning experience.
- Providing a high level of dedication and support to our fraternity.
- Organizational excellence through continuous learning, innovative
planning, communication and adaptability.
- Leadership through teamwork.
- Competitiveness through Continuous Improvement
We believe that quality improvement is a responsibility of everyone in
- Translation of theory into practice
We are committed to applying our discovery and findings to improving
human health and sustained increase in spice productivity.
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
We will continuously monitor existing programs, have well planned entry
& exit policies for projects, will ever remain responsive to needs and
demands of our stake holders, our students, the business community, the
state and central governments.
- Globalized academic outlook
We will have global academic perspectives, constantly looking for
opportunities to expand our alliances globally, providing critical
opportunities for students and faculty.