Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is organizing an outreach
program on 19th of September 2018 as part of the
4 th India International Science Festival (IISF-2018),a
joint scientific event conducted by Ministry of Science & Technology and
the Ministry of Earth Sciences, in association with Vijnana Bharati
(VIBHA). During the outreach program, RGCB is planning to open its gates
to students, public and local media. The core objective of this program
is to showcase our achievements and research facilities to the general
public so as to get an insight into the work life of researchers.
As a part of the program, we would like to invite 5 student
representatives and two teachers from each School/College to participate
this auspicious scientific event. We are also organizing an elocution
competition (one particpant from each College / School). We request you
to send a line confirmation of participation to the undersigned by
e-mail on or before 12 th of September 2018 .
Selection will be done on a first-come first-serve basis.A total of 200
participants can attend the outreach program and a maximum of 20
students can participate in the elocution competition. There will be
separate competition for the college students and School students (10th,
11th and 12th standard). The details of the program are attached.
- Dr. T R Santhosh Kumar, Scientist G, RGCB
- Dr. Priya Srinivas, Scientist F, RGCB
- Dr. K B Harikumar, Scientist E-I, RGCB
- Dr. Debashree Dutta, Scientist E-I, RGCB
- Dr. Surya Ramachandran, Program Scientist, RGCB
Organizing committee members
- Dr.Ratheeshkumar T, Postdoctoral Fellow, RGCB
- Ms. Revathy, JRF, RGCB
- Mr. Sudheesh A. P, PhD Student, RGCB
- Mr. Shafeeque C.M, PhD Student
The Program schdule
|09.00 AM to 10.00 AM
|10.00 AM to 10.45 AM
||Inaugural function, address by Chief guest Dr.
E.Sreekumar, faculty scientist, RGCB Topic: Emerging viral infections
|10.45 AM to 11.15 AM
|11.15 AM to 01.00 PM
||Elocution competition * (either in Malayalam or
English or Hindi, 3 minute/student; one from each school/language)
Topic: Nav-bharat Nirman (English translation: Building NewIndia)
|01.00 PM to 01.45 PM
|| Lunch break
|01.45 PM to 03.00 PM
||Visiting exhibition stalls in RGCB lobby, free blood
group detection group and visit to RGCB common
||Valedictory function and distribution of awards
Rules and Regulations
- All students are requested to carry their ID card, uniform is not
mandatory. Please report by 9.30 AM.
- Upon arrival you will have to register at the registration counter
located in the lobby of MR Das convention centre and collect the
- RGCB will provide the lunch and snacks during the program.
- All the delegates will get a participation certificate.
- RGCB will not provide any TA/DA to any participants.
- All the delegates are requested to be co-operate with volunteers
throughout the program.
- Please contact any one of us for confirmation of the participation
or for any other queries.
Mobile No: 9539137691 / 9447117380 / 9567655337 / 9447024097