Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 01/2020 15.04.2020
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for 1 temporary position of Research Officer at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
Postgraduate Degree in Life Sciences with a minimum of 3 years documented experience in developing methods for pharmacokinetics and immunogenicity and documented proficiency of analytical various ELISA based platforms (e.g. ELISA, Meso-Scale Discovery™, Luminex™, Hamilton™ Liquid Handling Immunoassay modular automation Gyros™, Simoa™, etc.). Relevant documented experience may be substituted for education in exceptionally deserving candidates.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in a relevant discipline (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Life Sciences).
- Proven track record of method development and troubleshooting using de-novo approaches or transfer of qualified/validated plate based immunoassays utilizing various assay formats (e.g., Direct, Indirect, Sandwich, Bridging, etc.,).
- Skilled in conducting research, compiling data, data interpretation, and writing reports according to FDA & EMA Bioanalytical Method Validation & Immunogenicity regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of laboratory automation software, system software, and Microsoft applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- The Research Officer will work as a part of a team for immunogenicity and PK assay method development involving ELISA, ECL /MSD platforms and cell based assays.
- Research and Development of bio-analytical methods for the assessment of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and immunogenicity of bio-pharmaceutical compounds in biological matrices using a fundamental knowledge of ELISA based immunochemistry principles applied to a variety of technology platforms such as Gyros™ Simoa™, Luminex™ and MesoScale Discovery™, and in a manner consistent with current regulatory expectations for bioanalysis.
- The Research Officer will support multi-disciplined studies, generates results, solve problems, communicates with clients and internal stakeholders and interprets data of a scientific nature.
- Contributes to long-range planning and technical policies of the laboratory.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Below 40 years as on April 30, 2020. Meritorious candidates will be given age relaxation. For SC/ST/OBC candidate's age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
As per qualification and experience.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned on or before April 30, 2020. Envelopes must be superscripted with abbreviated title of the project, advertisement number and job title. Applications can also be sent as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the positions will be co terminus with end of the project.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply.
No TA/DA/Other emoluments will be given for appearing in the interview.