Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 25/21 10.09.2021
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Project Manager in the DBT funded research project entitled "GenomeIndia: Cataloguing the Genetic Variation in Indians" at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
Project Definition and Tracking
- Provides project and scientific leadership for high priority, complex projects from strategic planning and initiation to completion while focusing on strategies for optimizing performance and maximizing successful outcomes.
- Acts as a liaison with key stakeholders/collaborators to communicate scientific project requirements, champion cross functional collaboration, and ensure the completion of projects in alignment with set goals.
- Facilitates the creation of comprehensive scientific project plans which include project scope, goals, resource requirements, roles/responsibilities, risk analysis, implementation strategies, and communication plans.
- Assists with initiating new workflows to accommodate new scientific directions and needs.
- Proactively anticipates and identifies blocking issues and proposes and implements.
- Management of scientific projects including management of complex project logistics and budgets, develop and manage grants/contracts, manage relationships among scientific and administrative partners from diverse sectors of biomedical science (e.g., government, academia, and private partners industry and not-for-profit organizations), facilitate cross-functional scientific project team meetings and drive stakeholder consensus, review scientific progress reports and understand project implications.
- Ability to work/prioritize effectively on multiple projects/activities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and team facilitation skills to collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Facilitates effective and efficient communication
- Prepares status reports and presentations required for regular reporting of progress, risks, blocking issues, and solutions to all stakeholders.
Compliance and Funding
- Ensures appropriate funds and resources are in place and tracks financial status of all projects relative to available budgets.
- Assesses future financial needs of project.
- A Masters Degree in Biotechnology or Life Sciences with a minimum of one year of work experience in a Scientific Project of human study subject and/or human population genomics.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral including proficiency in writing.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
PhD in Life Sciences with a research track record and understanding of the role and applications of genomics in human disease biology and work experience as a Scientific Project Manager.
Below 40 years as on September 20, 2021. Meritorious candidates will be given age relaxation. For SC/ST/OBC candidates age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
₹ 70,000/- per month (consolidated).
Initially for a period of 6 months and extendable up to 1 1/4 years or till termination of the project whichever is earlier based on performance evaluation.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through Email on or before September 20, 2021. Application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to email@example.com.The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the "SUBJECT" part of the Email. If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.