Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 05/21 04.02.2021
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Junior Research Fellow in a DBT funded research project entitled "Structural assembly of functional transmembrane peptide nanopores: From synthesis to single-molecule sensing" in the Laboratory of Dr. Mahendran K R at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The candidate must have a Post Graduate Degree with at least 70% marks in Life Science/ Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Chemistry from a recognized University. Candidates with MTech Degree are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have qualified National Eligibility Test - CSIR-UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) / or National Level Examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions viz., DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility Test/ Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JBEEBILS)/ ICMR Entrance Exam/ Approved DST Inspire Fellowship.
- Minimum 6 months experience in working with membrane proteins and molecular biophysics.
- Experience in protein expression and purification.
- Experience in Solid phase peptide synthesis and HPLC.
Below 28 years as on February 20, 2021. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
₹ 31,000/- + 16% HRA per month.
Initially for a period of 6 months and extendable up to three years or till termination of the project whichever is earlier based on performance.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through Email on or before February 20, 2021.Candidates who are currently working in Govt. firms should send applications through proper channel. Application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the 'SUBJECT' part of the Email . If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.