Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 34/2022 26.09.2022
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Junior Research Fellow in a DST funded research project entitled "Development of Portable Raman Spectrometer for identifying the amyloid in the peripheral region of the body" in the Laboratory of Professor Chandrabhas Narayana at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Chemistry/Physics/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Material Science/Optics are eligible to apply.
- Documented or demonstratable experience in building optical instrument(s) and/or experience in Raman Spectroscopy are preferred.
- Candidate should have qualified National Eligibility Test – CSIR-UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)/ or National Level Examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions viz., DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility Test/ Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JBEEBILS)/ ICMR Entrance Exam/Approved DST Inspire Fellowship etc.
Below 28 years as on October 07, 2022. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
₹31,000/- + 16% HRA per month.
Initially for a period of one year and extendable till termination of the project, whichever is earlier based on performance evaluation.
- Applications should be submitted online.
- Candidates who are currently working in Government firms should send applications through proper channel.
- Last date for receiving completed applications is before October 07, 2022
- If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.