No.RGCB/ADVT/SCI & TECH/02/2021 08.12.2021
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thiruvananthapuram is an Autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
RGCB invites applications for the following positions from Indian citizens with prescribed qualifications. Full details including minimum qualifications, job description etc. are described below.
|Code No. 1||
|Pay Level||Pay Level 11 of 7th CPC|
|Number of Positions||1 (UR)|
MD or PhD in Science with 3-5 years of post-doctoral experience in Virology with good publication record in peer reviewed scientific journals.
|Additional Desirable Qualifications||
Track record of the applicant in the field of Immunology, Genomics, Drug discovery, Vaccine Biology, and animal models of airborne viral diseases will be an added advantage. Good knowledge of biosafety regulations, National/International Law and Guidelines relating to the field of work will be essential.
RGCB is having a vibrant research group in infectious disease biology programme focusing both on bacterial and viral diseases and is establishing a BSL3 facility. The selected candidate is expected to be part of a dedicated research programme on virology along with interdisciplinary team driven activity on therapeutics and vaccine development against viral diseases through integrated multiomics approach. The Scientist shall illustrate initiative and be capable to work collectively as part of a larger team, and independently, at needed times. The Scientist will need to be prompt, organized, show leadership and shall adhere to set targets and timelines. The selected Scientist is also expected to collaborate in interdisciplinary projects and teaching of PG, Doctoral and Post-Doctoral students at the Institute.
40 years as on January 10, 2022
|Code No. 2||Technical Officer
|Pay Level||Pay Level 7 of 7th CPC|
|Number of Positions||
BE/BTech in Mechanical/Instrumentation Engineering with 60% marks aggregate score and sufficient work knowledge in the field.
|Additional Desirable Qualifications||
ME/MTech in the relevant field and documented work experience will be additionally desirable qualifications, while counting the candidate's eligibility to be included in the selection procedure, at the time of initial shortlisting of the applications.
RGCB has sophisticated equipments that facilitates cutting edge research in its mandated scientific areas. RGCB is looking forward for suitable candidates, to be positioned as Technical Officer to meet such obligatory requirements. As Technical Officer, the candidate will have to regularly administer the installed equipments and ensure prompt upkeep. The need for updations and replacements are also required to be reported on real-time basis, whereas maintenance of all equipments at site will be ensured by the Technical Officer.
Excellent communication skills, including the ability to illustrate work related matters, specially the points of concerns/problems and generate solutions will be added advantage attached to the position of the Technical Officer at RGCB
35 years as on January 10, 2022
|Code No. 3||
RE-ADVERTISEMENTTechnical Assistant Group II
(To download application format, click here)
|Pay Level||Pay Level 5 of 7th CPC|
|Number of Positions||
(RESERVED FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES under the
provisions of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act,
A UGC recognized graduate degree in Biotechnology or any branch of Life Sciences with 60% marks aggregate score.
|Additional Desirable Qualifications||
35 years as on January 10, 2022
General Conditions/ Instructions
- Candidates are advised to apply against this advertisement, only if they agree to abide by all relevant Rules of the Government of India and RGCB; and these General Conditions/Instructions.
- The applications received will be scrutinized and candidates, who in the opinion of the Institute are likely to be suitable, also in compliance with this advertisement will only be shortlisted and be eligible for consideration in further selection procedures. The decision of the Director, RGCB will be final and no representation/communication/submission will be entertained whatsoever in this connection as regards the entire selection procedures with regard to this Advertisement.
- Selection Procedures for the position of Scientist C mentioned under Code Number 1
- Level 1 Screening: A duly constituted Institutional Screening Committee (ISC) will determine whether the applicant meets minimum prescribed qualifications for the advertised position at RGCB. Ineligible applicants without these needed minimum qualifications will be summarily rejected and no further correspondence will be sent to them.
- Level 2 Screening: Level 2 Screening will analyze the applications shortlisted after Level 1 screening and includes detailed review of the applicant's credentials, and fulfillment of suitability with reference to job description and Institutional needs as stated in this advertisement.
- Final Selection Procedure: Candidates shortlisted after screening procedures will be called for a final selection interview. The duly constituted selection committee will speak to shortlisted applicants personally (either in person or through video conferencing). The final decision of the selection committee will be submitted to the Director, RGCB.
- Selection Procedures for the position of Technical Officer mentioned under Code Number 2
- The examination will be conducted in Three Tiers: Tier I, Tier II and Tier III.
- The Tier I test is an objective type (multiple choice) with 100 questions. Each question carries two marks for every correct answer and minus half mark (minus 0.50) for every wrong answer. The question paper will comprise of questions in the following areas: General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. The total time allowed for the Tier I examination will be 90 minutes.
- The Tier II test will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks in "pen and paper" model. This test will also comprise of answers on topics mentioned in the job description in this advertisement for respective positions. The Tier II test will have 10 questions, of which a candidate can answer any 5. If more than 5 questions are answered, only the first 5 answers attempted by the candidate will be valued. The duration of this test will be 90 minutes.
- Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of performance in Tier I and Tier II tests (Maximum 300 marks) will take the Tier III examination.
- Names of shortlisted candidates to take the Tier III examination will be published on the RGCB website and RGCB notice boards.
- The Tier III examination will be a Practical Skills Test as per details mentioned in the job description in the advertisement for the respective Positions. This test will be of a qualifying nature with only either a Pass or Fail grade.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted for the Tier III test (Practical Skills Test) and who have applied for more than one positions, will have to separately take the concerned skills test as per job description.
- The final selection will be from the merit list of successful candidates ranked on the basis of the total score obtained by them in the combined Tier I and II examinations and having passed the Tier III test (Practical Skills Test) .
- Selection Procedures for the position of Technical Assistant Group II mentioned under Code Number 3
- All applications will be initially screened by a duly
constituted Institutional Screening Committee (ISC) to
determine whether the applicant meets minimum prescribed
qualifications for the advertised positions at RGCB.
Ineligible applicants without these needed minimum
qualifications will be rejected and no further correspondence
will be sent to them. The above shortlisted candidates will be
called for an Objective Test followed by Practical Skill Test.
The Objective Test will have 100 questions consisting of the
candidate's Academic Subject, General English, General
Knowledge & Numerical Ability. The Practical Skills Test will
be of qualifying nature with either a Pass or Fail grade.
The final selection will be from the merit list of successful candidates ranked on the basis of the total score obtained by them in the Objective Type examination, considered along with the Practical Skills Test (PASS or FAIL)
- Only such candidates would be eligible for relaxation in conditions/reservation in posts, who permanently suffer from not less than 40% of relevant benchmark disability. Those Persons with Benchmark Disabilities who have availed the relaxation and/or reservation and shortlisted for Document Verification have to submit Certificate of Disability, in original issued by the Competent Medical Authority as per the extant Rules.
- Provision of Scribe/Interpreter will be authorized as per rules. However, the candidates will have to indicate such requirements at the stage of filling in and submission of their application, in response to this Advertisement. Compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour or otherwise advised, shall be permitted for the eligible candidates, as permitted under Rules.
- The number of positions mentioned against each code is provisional and may vary at the time of final selection procedures; if more numbers of positions with identical job requirements is needed to be filled at appropriate time, such positions may also be filled by the Director, RGCB from among the list of shortlisted candidates on account of this Advertisement. However, the Director, RGCB may or may not do so, at own discretion.
- The Director, RGCB reserves right not to fill any or all posts advertised.
- Relaxations and concessions will be in accordance with the RGCB Rules and Regulations. Relaxation in age will be considered in case of persons already holding analogous/equivalent positions in Government Scientific Organisations/Research Institutions, in compliance with RGCB Rules.
- The candidates must be citizens of India.
- The candidates seeking reservation under OBC category must submit a valid OBC non creamy layer certificate. The candidates applying against the position reserved for the Persons with Disabilities Act, must submit a valid copy of the authenticated certificate to claim the Disability. Without these documents the applications cannot be considered against these reserved positions.
- Candidates applying for more than one post may apply separately for each post indicating the name and code number of the position. Applications form must be downloaded from the Institute's website only. No other forms of applications will be accepted. Applications without these application forms (neatly filled in) and without certified copies of needed credentials will be summarily rejected by the ISC; and no further correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained.
- Merely fulfilling the requirements in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be considered for participation in the selection procedures. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained during the selection procedure.
- Persons working under the Central/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies etc. shall submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application along with enclosures as required. Those who are unable to forward their application through proper channel may submit a NOC from their employer at the time of selection procedures, if shortlisted. Without this NOC, the applicant will not be allowed to attend the selection procedures.
- Canvassing in any manner would entail automatic disqualification of the candidature.
- Incomplete applications or applications without copies of certificates or applications received after the last date will be rejected.
- Selected candidates will be subject to posting in any office/branch of the Institute, anywhere in India, as per RGCB's administrative requirements.
- Applications in prescribed format with resume/curriculum vitae and attested copies of all necessary certificates, experience certificates and other supporting documents may be submitted by post to THE DIRECTOR, RAJIV GANDHI CENTRE FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY, POOJAPPURA, THYCAUD P.O, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM 695014, KERALA on or before January 10, 2022. Applications sent by post, must contain on the envelope, the name and code number of the position applied for. Alternatively, applications can be sent by e-mail enclosing a SINGLE PDF FILE, including all needed documents as above, to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 10, 2022. .
- Applications received after the said last date will not be considered in the Selection Procedures, unless the last date of submitting applications is formally extended by the Competent Authority.
All applications will be initially screened by a duly constituted Institutional Screening Committee (ISC) to determine whether the applicant meets minimum prescribed qualifications for the advertised positions at RGCB. Ineligible applicants without these needed minimum qualifications will be summarily rejected and no further correspondence will be sent to them. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the Selection Examination as detailed below: