PhD January 2022, Current PhD Vacancy Status
Advt. No: RGCB/PhD/2021 - II
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) invites application for admission to the PhD program (January 2022 session) in various domains of Disease Biology and Plant Science.
|15th November 2021 [Monday]||Date of advertisement in news papers.|
|10th December 2021 [Friday]||Last date of application.|
|20th December 2021 [Monday]||Date of publication of the list of shortlisted candidates for second round evaluation.|
|5th January - 7th January 2022||Date of online interview.|
|10th January 2022 [Monday]||Publication of the list of shortlisted candidates (Website).|
|11th January - 25th January 2022||Third Round Evaluation (Faculty Student Interaction).|
|On or before 28th January 2022 [Friday]||Date of fee remittance.|
|15th February 2022 [Tuesday]||Date of Hostel Check in.|
|21th February 2022 [Monday]||Date of commencement of PhD Course Work [Certificate verification, Joining Report, Consent letters].|
Eligibility for PhD admission
- Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/ Agricultural/ Environmental/ Veterinary/ Pharmaceutical/ Medical Sciences or allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade point are eligible to apply.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade point, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently abled candidates.
- Only candidates who have completed their qualifying degree in all respects will be considered.
- Applicants must have a valid JRF Fellowship (UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE/ or any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government having a valid fellowship for a period of 5 years
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on December, 2021. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available in the website. www.ncbc.nic.in) /SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Regional Centre for Biotechnology and Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS). Registration of the selected candidates will be as per the guidelines issued by these Universities for the award of PhD degrees.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the academic performance and performance in the national level tests.
- PhD interviews may be held online.
- Guidelines for interview will be provided to candidates shortlisted for the interview.
- The list of selected candidates will be displayed on RGCB website.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Application Fee (Rs. 500) must be paid online using 'SB Collect' of State Bank of India through the URL given in the payment stage of the online application.
- SC/ST/EWS candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees.
- Last date for receiving completed applications is 10th December 2021 . Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected.
Fees for PhD Programme
- The students admitted for PhD programme will have to pay a laboratory fee of Rs 5000 per semester for the first eight semesters and Rupees 10,000 for every semester after.
- SC/ST/EWS candidates are exempt from these tuition fees.
- University fees will have to be paid directly to the University directly by the student.
- All communications with the candidate will be by email only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact: email@example.com
Applicants should note that the PhD program of RGCB is primarily designed to produce top class PhD holders who will drive future research programs in the country. Hence we would like to see our PhD holders continue in active research by proceeding for suitable postdoctoral assignments and then as research scientists or young entrepreneurs in biotechnology. RGCB does not view as its main mandate production of PhD holders primarily for teaching in colleges and universities, which may often need the PhD degree to be in a particular domain (such as Zoology, Chemistry or Botany). This may not be possible at RGCB where most degrees are granted in biotechnology or other interdisciplinary subjects. Candidates who wish to have career in teaching may find other universities or institutes where "subject-wise degrees" are given a better option. Applicants are advised to consider this aspect very carefully before applying for the PhD program.
Enter your 'Email' as well as the 'Password' to 'Login' and proceed to fill the PhD Admission 2021 - II Application Form.
Type in the email address you used when you created your account to receive assistance in recovering your password.