Advt. No: RGCB/PhD/2022 - I
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) invites application for admission to the PhD program (April 2022 session) in various domains of disease biology and plant science.
|30th May 2022 @ 5.30 PM||Last date of application.|
|Second week of June||Publication of the list of shortlisted candidates.|
|Second/Third week of June 2022||Online interview.|
|First week of July 2022||Joining RGCB PhD program.|
|Second week of July 2022||Commencement of RGCB PhD Course Work.|
Eligibility for PhD admission
- Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/ Agricultural/ Environmental/ Veterinary/ Pharmaceutical/ Medical Sciences or allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade B in the UGC 10 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale where ever grade system is followed) or an equivalent from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, establish or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess accredit or assure quality and slandered of educational institution are eligible to apply.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade point, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently abled candidates.
- Only candidates who have completed their qualifying degree in all respects will be considered.
- Applicants must have a valid JRF Fellowship (UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE/or any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government having a valid fellowship for a period of 5 years
- Upper age limit is 26 years as on December, 2022. Age limit will be relaxed for SC/ST/Physically challenged candidates as per Government of India regulations.
- RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Regional Centre for Biotechnology and Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS). Registration of the selected candidates will be as per the guidelines issued by these Universities for the award of PhD degrees.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the academic performance and performance in the national level tests. PhD interviews may be held online.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Application Fee (Rs.500) must be paid online using 'SB Collect' of State Bank of India through the URL given in the Payment Stage of online application. SC/ST/EWS candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees.
- Last date for receiving completed applications is May 11, 2022. Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected.
Fees for PhD Programme
- The students admitted for PhD programme will have to pay a laboratory fee of Rs 5000 per semester for the first ten semesters and Rupees 10,000 for every semester after.
- SC/ST/EWS candidates are exempt from these tuition fees.
- University fees will have to be paid directly to the University directly by the student.
- All communications with the candidate will be by email only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register here in order to access the Application Form. If you have already created an account you can proceed to 'Login'.
Enter your 'Email' as well as the 'Password' to 'Login' and proceed to fill the PhD Admission 2022 - I Application Form.
Type in the email address you used when you created your account to receive assistance in recovering your password.