Temporary Position Available In The Institute Plan Project On Molecular Diagnostics
Adv. # 26/2019 23.03.2020
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for 2 temporary positions of Project Officer and 3 temporary positions of Project Assistant at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
Overview of the work area and position
The RGCB LMMD facility is a tertiary facility performing highly complex investigations in the areas of Molecular Virology, Laboratory Medicine, Cancer Biomarkers and Pharmacogenomics. Under direction, the successful applicant will be required to perform diagnostic procedures, investigation of new methodologies, maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation, performance and monitoring of Quality Control, provision of results and research. The successful applicant will have to participate in shift, after-hours work and out-of-hours rosters. The successful applicant must be able to work as the sole practitioner on rostered shifts, including public holidays and overtime as required.
- A First Class Masters Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Life Sciences or Biotechnology.
- A minimum of 36 months documented working experience in a recognized molecular microbiology and/or virology laboratory in either the state or central government sector.
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills & knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize urgent testing in order to meet expected patient turn-around-times.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work within a team.
Under Professional Supervision to be able to
- Participate in laboratory work rosters including day & evening shifts on weekdays & weekends & public holidays.
- Perform diagnostic laboratory tests, including validation and reporting
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment as directed.
- Adhere to standard operating techniques and procedures documented in laboratory manuals as required by NABL
- Participate in departmental continuing education program/s.
- Assist other members of the team as needed and encourage teamwork.
- Assist with internal and external Quality Assurance Programs as directed by senior staff.
- Implement initiatives in consultation with the Principal Scientist/ Senior Scientists to provide continuous improvements for the laboratory.
- Participate in research and development projects under the supervision of senior staff as required.
Below 35 years as on April 01, 2020. Meritorious candidates will be given age relaxation. For SC/ST/OBC candidat's age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
As per RGCB IPP norms.
Overview of the work area:
The RGCB LMMD facility is a tertiary facility performing highly complex time-consuming investigations in the areas of Laboratory Medicine, Cancer biomarkers, pharmacogenomics and molecular virology.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Applicant should possess a BSc MLT degree or BSc Degree with MLT degree (recognized by the Directorate of Medical Education with not less than 60% marks in the qualifying exam. Candidates with MSc or PhD will not be considered for this position.
- Good communication skills
- Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, tissue, etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Knowledge of critical values
Preferably between 22 to 25 years of age and not more than 28 years as on April 1, 2020. For SC/ST/OBC candidates age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
As per RGCB IPP norms.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned on or before April 03, 2020. Envelopes must be superscripted with abbreviated title of the project, advertisement number and job title. Applications can also be sent as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the positions will be co terminus with end of the project.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. In the event of more than 15 candidates being short-listed after screening applications, a written test will be conducted before the selection interview and only those who are ranked in the written test will be interviewed.
No TA/DA/Other emoluments will be given for appearing in the interview.