Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 11/2020 15.10.2020
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Research Associate in a DBT funded project entitled "Design and synthesis of novel iminosugar variants and their cationic amphiphiles as antiviral therapeutics against Dengue Virus (DENV)" in collaboration with National Institute of Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), Thiruvananthapuram in the laboratory of Dr. E Sreekumar at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thiruvananthapuram.
- PhD in life sciences; or MD/MS/MDS; or having 3 years of research experience after MVSc or MPharm or MTech.
- Documented experience of minimum one year in culturing and maintaining mammalian cells for applicants without a medical degree.
- Documented experience in working with human viruses (preferably Dengue virus or other mosquito-borne viruses) or infectious human clinical samples.
- Willingness to work with human pathogens in bio-safety containment facilities.
- Quality publication/s as first or corresponding author in peer-reviewed, SCI indexed journals of repute.
Experience in carrying out small animal experiments, especially using mice.
Below 35 years as on October 23, 2020. Age relaxation will be given as per Government of India norms.
Rs. 47,000/- + 16% HRA per month. Annual increment as per DBT guidelines.
Three year or till termination of the project whichever is earlier.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, full resume indicating the percentage of marks obtained and copies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through E-Mail on or before October 23, 2020. Application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to email@example.com. The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the 'SUBJECT' part of the Email. If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
The attached check list must be filled and submitted along with the application. (Click here to download the check list)
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need to apply. Applicants will be short listed for the selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.
No TA/DA/Other emoluments will be given for appearing in the interview.