Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 17/2020 11.11.2020
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the positions of Junior Research Fellows in the arising vacancies in the laboratory of Dr. E Sreekumar at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram in extramurally supported programs in Antiviral development program against SARS CoV-2. The candidate will be appointed from the rank list generated as and when the projects are initiated.
- Master's degree in life sciences or Postgraduate degree in professional courses (MD/MS/MDS/MVSc) or graduate degree in Professional courses (MBBS/BVSc).
- A valid score in a national level examination conducted by Central Govt. Departments and their agencies such as CSIR-UGC NET (Including Lectureship ) or GATE; or examinations conducted by DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IISET, IISc etc.
- Willingness to work with human pathogens in bio-safety containment facilities.
- Experience in culturing and maintaining mammalian cells and human viruses or clinical samples.
- Experience in carrying out small animal experiments, especially using mice.
Below 28 years as on November 20, 2020. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
Rs. 31,000 + 16% HRA per month.
18 months or till termination of the project whichever is earlier.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through Email on or before November 20, 2020. Application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to email@example.com. The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the 'SUBJECT' part of the Email. If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected. The attached check list must be filled and submitted along with the application. (click here for checklist)
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.
No TA/DA/Other emoluments will be given for appearing in the interview.