Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 09/21 23.02.2021
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Laboratory Assistant in an ICMR funded research project entitled "Ascertaining the causes of low tregs in polycystic ovarian syndrome patients" in the Laboratory of Dr. Malini Laloraya at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The candidate must have a UGC recognized Graduate Degree with at least 65% marks as aggregate score in any branch of Life Science/ Paramedical Sciences from a recognized University or Institute.
- Post Graduate degree in Biotechnology or any branch of Life Sciences.
- Documented working experience as support staff in biochemistry/clinical lab.
- Experience in blood processing, PBMC isolation, Flourescence-activated cell sorting (FACS).
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Experience in computer and software usage.
- Excellent communication skills as well as proficiency in written and spoken English and Malayalam.
Below 30 years as on March 12, 2021. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
₹ 17,000/- (consolidated) per month.
Initially for a period of one year and extendable up to two years or till termination of the project whichever is earlier based on performance evaluation on yearly basis.
SELECTION PROCESS & INSTRUCTIONS
- Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through Email on or before March 12, 2021.
- Application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Resume/CV without the Application form will not be accepted.
- The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the 'SUBJECT' part of the Email.
- If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted for each position.
- The above position is purely on temporary basis. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
- The selected candidate shall be required to work full time in the Female Reproduction and Metabolic Syndromes Laboratory, Division of Molecular Reproduction, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Since the interview will be in online mode, bad connection/connection failure from the candidate's side will not be the responsibility of RGCB.
- Fulfilling the essential qualification/experience does not guarantee the selection of the candidate.
- Age relaxation is admissible in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time.
- The appointment can be terminated with one month notice from either side without assigning any reason.
- At the time of joining, the selected candidate should give a set of photocopies of duly attested certificates for verification.
- The Director, RGCB & the appointing authority has the right to not to fill the position advertised and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any manner would entail automatic disqualification of the candidature.
- Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.