Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 29/2023 25.10.2023
Applications are invited from suitable candidates (citizens of India) for one position of Junior Research Fellow in DBT MK Bhan Young Researcher Fellowship project entitled “Role of untranslated RNA length control in antioxidant & Inflammatory pathway in cardiac hypertrophy” of Dr. Sumayya Shahzad in the laboratory of Dr. Rakesh Singh Laishram at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The candidates should have a Master’s Degree in any branch of Life Science/Biotechnology/Biochemistry.
- Qualification in National Eligibility Test - CSIR-UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)/ or National Level Examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions viz., DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility Test/ Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JBEEBILS)/ ICMR Entrance Exam/ Approved DST Inspire Fellowship etc.
- The candidates should have an experience in molecular/cellular biology techniques & animal work
- At least 1 year experience in cell biology, cell culture, animal model & molecular biology techniques.
Below 28 years as on November 20, 2023. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
For JRF, ₹. 31,000/- + 16% HRA per month for MSc degree holders who have qualified NET/GATE (with valid certificate). Candidates who do not have NET/GATE certification will be eligible for ₹.12,000/- + 16% HRA per month.DURATION
Initially for a period of one year and further extension will be based on performance evaluation.
- Applications should be submitted online.
- Candidates who are currently working in Government firms should send applications through proper channel.
- Last date for receiving completed applications is November 20, 2023
- If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate applications should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply and will be called for interview. No TA/ DA will be given for appearing in the interview. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.